Thursday 6 September 2012

Self-worth

I’m seeing the forest through the trees
Stepping ever-forward despite the unease
Sick and tired of being ready to please
Without ever thinking ‘is this a disease’?

The road less taken, the path less tested
Sometimes brings hope, sometimes detested
‘Life’s about the journey’, that’s never contested
And with self-reflection, past time’s reinvested

Knowing oneself must always come first
Loving oneself until you will burst
Quenching the inner gap – filling your thirst
Why did I always see things so reversed?

Now that I’ve started – don’t want to look back
Want to remain on the right track
I’m sick of giving myself so muck unnecessary flack
For every little think that I thought I did lack

Sometimes mistakes can breed eventual success
Sometimes what’s missing, we now can address
Sometimes initial sadness can instigate progress
And sometimes what you need, you already posses




No comments:

Post a Comment