Monday 16 July 2012

Lost

To change, to plunge – in abyss unknown
Running from past, present and some
Questing for tools to improve foreground sight
Even with direction – it might as well be night

I know what’s behind – otherwise why would I run
Wish things were different; less sadness, more fun
But alas finding solace was just not my fate
And waiting and waiting will just produce more weight

Why is my life a constant flux of change?
Why does finding self sometimes feel strange?
Why can’t my acceptance come hand-in-hand
With a certain someone as my mind clearly planned?

My heart is now broken – scattered amongst the many trees
Carried by the river, the wind and the bees
Although I run past – I just can’t collect
Which fills me with sorrow, despair and regret

I hate this dam jungle! The cause of disease
Air thick and suffocating – hope hinging on breeze
But the more that I run – the more knowledge I gain
Instead of relief – I’m faced with more pain

Now faced with a choice – leave the jungle all together
Search for greener pastures, smiling faces, better weather?
But you know the grass is always greener on the other side,
So am I giving up good for what only dreams provide?

Or am I facing facts – accepting it’s just not for me
The more that I fight it the less I feel free
The fear of unknown may be better than here
My jungle is sadness, and sadness should fear!

I should trust my Navigator, Creator and Guide
That His plans for me – my best interests reside
I still have potential – dreams to fulfill
Maybe that why He gave us free will

Whatever I decide – my entire life will be change
Accept jungle life or seek different terrain?
Oh God, oh please God, please should me the light
No matter what outcome, I pray that it’s right

3 comments:

  1. I pray that this coming Ramadhan will bring you the light and solace you've been searching for. Key word is Sabr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have faith in Him for only He has His own reasons for placing where we are now.

    ReplyDelete